Learning Outcomes: After this module you are able to
- recognize different types of assessment methods
- select appropriate assessment method for your course and justify your choices
- discuss how group size effects on selection of teaching methods
- choose and apply teaching methods supporting your learning outcomes
During this module, your learning assignments are (4):
1. Watch the videos DL at the latest 2.2.2020
- Unips-video: Assessment
- Unips-video: Teaching Methods
- AllWell-video: Role of teaching in study wellbeing
2. Reading task
- Familiarize yourself with given reading material which you can find below.
3. Course plan version 3.0 DL 14.2.2020 (Find your group's Course Plan -forum under Peer Groups and activities -topic on the left)
- More information in your group's own area (Peer groups and activities, on the left)
- Familiarize yourself with learning materials related to this topic (below).
- Create SWOT-analysis about five teaching methods, here is a template for it. Choose the methods to be analyzed as follows:
- The main method in your course at the moment
- A common method in your own subject field
- Three methods that you consider possible for your own course that you possibly want to try out in your course in future.
- When you choose the teaching methods and justify your decisions, use
the knowledge that you gained doing the SWOT analyses about the teaching
- Create version 3.0 of your course plan, for more instructions, see Course plan: template and versions and drop box for versions 4.0 and Final.
- Please, remember that you have to give feedback from your peers' course plans version 3.0 at the latest 21.2.2020. More information under topic Educational Technology and your own group's Course Plan -forum.
4. Group's Case-working DL 9.2.2020
- Continue to write your group's case. More information about Case-working in Group's own area (Peer Groups and activities, on the left)