(1) Take a look at the following videos to get into the ‘literature review mode/mood’:
(2) Take a look at the following articles:
(Can be accessed by logging into Aalto Learning Centre)
Überbacher, F. (2014). Legitimation of new ventures: A review and research programme. J Manage Stud 51: 667–698.
Bacq, S., &Janssen, F. 2011. The multiple faces of social entrepreneurship: A review of definitional issues based on geographical and thematic criteria. Entrepreneurship & Regional Development 23: 373-403.
Williams, T.A. Gruber, D.A. Sutcliffe, K. M. Shepherd, D.A., & Zhao, E.Y. 2017. Organizational Response to Adversity: Fusing Crisis Management and Resilience Research Streams. Academy of Management Annals, 11: 733-769.
Wood, M.S., & McKelvie, A. 2015. Opportunity Evaluation as Future Focused Cognition: Identifying Conceptual Themes and Empirical Trends. International Journal of Management Reviews 17: 256-277.
(3) Choose at least one paper and respond to the following questions:
- What is the motivation that the authors present to conduct the literature review on the topic?
- Which method do they apply? Is it sufficiently described?
- How is the literature organized (chronologically, by themes, by questions, by subtopics...)?
- Can you suggest another way to organize the same literature?
(4) Make notes (a) from watching the videos, (b) reading the articles and (c) answering the questions
How could you make use of the gained insights for developing your own review of the literature?
(5) Take a look at the following video and, at the same time, start doing and organizing your literature review for your paper:
Supportive Reading Material
Denyer, D., & Tranfield, D. 2009. Producing a systematic review. In Buchanan, David A. (Ed); Bryman, Alan (Ed), The Sage handbook of organizational research methods. , (pp. 671-689). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications Ltd, xxxvi, 738 pp.