CHEM-E0135 is meant to credit professional skills development during an international professional training/work placement* of minimum 6-10 weeks (3-5 cr, respectively). The general learning outcomes of the course are:
After the course the student will be able to
- understand targets and operation of business/non-profit organizations,
- apply professional practices in the field of student’s major/programme as a member of an business/non-profit organization,
- identify development needs/opportunities in organizations and their practices and
- assess and describe own professional development as part of personal career development and employment plan.
In order to pass the course you should
- register on the course in WebOodi
- submit a personalized learning plan** for the training period through the course pages in MyCourses
- work as a member of a business or non-profit organization in a position that is relevant for your professional skills development***
- submit a reflection
on personal skills development**** during the placement through
the course pages in MyCourses.
*International placement = the placement is outside Finland and not in your own home country.
**Personalized learning plan = ca. 1 page writing on your expectations and plans to develop your professional skills (subject related and transferable skills) during the placement.
***If you are not sure, check the relevance from the head of your major or the program director.
****Reflection on personal skills development (expert profile) = ca. 2 pages writing on how your professional skills (subject related and transferable skills) developed during the placement.
If your work placement is in Finland or in your home country, you can register on CHEM-E0130 Professional Training (3-5 cr) instead. Only one of these courses can make part of your master's degree.