In order to pass the course, one must:
- Pass the online exercises (see below) by getting a certain amount of points from them.
And pass an exam before the next course instance starts in September 2021.
The exams are as follows:
- On December 14th, 2020.
The "course exam", registration for the course in weboodi is necessary and sufficient for taking part in this exam.
- On February 23th, 2021 (a regular exam, separate registration in weboodi is required).
- On December 14th, 2020.
The grade from the online exercises will be determined by the following point limits:
- grade 0: 0 - 199 points
- grade 1: 200 - 349 points
- grade 2: 350 - 499 points
- grade 3: 500 - 649 points
- grade 4: 650 - 799 points
- grade 5: 800 or more points
|0 - 199||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|200 - 349||0||1||2||2||3||3|
|350 - 499||0||2||2||3||3||4|
|500 - 649||0||2||3||3||4||4|
|650 - 799||0||3||3||4||4||5|
Online exercisesThe obligatory online exercises are provided in these MyCourses pages, see the "Online exercises" section. They are also divided in ten rounds and each round has two deadlines:
- Main full points deadline is roughly 2 weeks after the start of the round. Completing an exercise correctly before this deadline provides full points for the exercise.
- Late submission deadline is after the full points deadline but before the December 2020 exam. Only 70 percent of the full points will be awarded for correct solutions submitted after the full points deadline but before the late submission deadline of the round.
Validity of the exercise points and personal extensions:
- The exercise points obtained during Autumn 2020 are valid in all the exams before the next course instance starts in September 2021.
- The exercise points from the previous course instance(s) are not valid anymore.
- Personalized arrangements, including deadline extensions etc, can only be considered on the basis of non-short-term medical reasons (a certificate from the study administration is required), please contact the lecturer in such a case.
The online exercises are personal assignments and thus, for instance, producing code together, copying code from others, and making one's own solutions available to others (either privately or by posting to some public forum) is not allowed. Discussing general concepts and techniques with fellow students is of course allowed, even encouraged, as long as the level of details is abstract enough so that the submitted solutions of the participating students do not start to look similar.
Voluntary online exercise sessions and discussion forumIn case you need help with the assignments, you can visit a voluntary exercise session or post a question in our discussion forum. Due to the corona virus situation, the exercise sessions will be online only. The weekly exercise session schedule is:
- Tuesdays 14:16-16:00
- Fridays 12:15-14:00
- No exercise sessions from October 19th to October 23th due to the evaluation week. Naturally, you can continue solving and submitting the online exercises during this period as well if you wish, but there will be no exercise sessions or deadlines then.
As in some other CS courses at Aalto, the voluntary online exercise sessions and discussion forum are implemented with a chat workspace and Zoom. Please read these instructions for the details.