3. topic Workload and Educational Technology in Teaching
Learning Outcomes: After this module you are able to
- calculate workload for your course for both teacher and student
- analyze connections between ILO's, methods, assessment and workload (constructive alignment
- recognize different tools of educational technology
- select appropriate educational technology tools /methods for your course
- justify your choices and explain the added value of educational technology in your course
Educational technology in teaching presurvey:
Watch the video
2. Case-working DL for case-writing
- Continue to write your group's case. More information about Case-working in Group's own area (Peer Groups and activities, on the left)
- After 23.11.2020 your group gets a case assignment and you are to record a short video about solving it DL 5.12.2020. There are many ways to record a video and to share it, but Panopto will be introduced here in a way that can be helpful in this. Other solution is to have a ZOOM-meeting and record that. You are of course also free to use other means of recording and sharing a video, if they are already familiar to you (e.g. sharing in YouTube, Vimeo, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox).
Learning Materials for the theme: Workload
Read the chapters ”Time is an essential prerequisite for learning” (pp.9-13) and ”What is the real workload?” (pp. 13-18) In Give me time to think (Karjalainen, Alha & Jutila). https://www.oulu.fi/koulutuspalvelut/julkaisut_ja_materiaalit/erillisjulkaisut/give_me_time_to_think.pdf
‘Time is not enough.’ Workload in higher education: a student perspective, Higher Education Research & Development, 33:4, 684-698, DOI: 10.1080/07294360.2013.863839.
Learning Materials for the theme: Educational Technology in TeachingFamiliarize yourself with given reading materials which you can find below.
Important links — Educational Technology in TeachingYou can find the presentation slides, additional learning materials, Presemo and Flinga links used in the Monday morning (30/11) below.For everyoneHybrid learning and teachingSmall groupsGroup 1: Rich media contentGroup 2: Active learningGroup 3: Assessment
This is a joint discussion forum for everyone on the course. Start a topic, reply and discuss.