This assignment is for ONLY those students that would like to get 1cr extra (6cr total) from this course.
Choose one of the following themes. Read the listed articles and write reflection essay based on the key findings and your own reflection. Similar to regular weekly essays, choose a style of writing and indicate that on top of your essay. Please note that there are more essays to reflect on, thus the length of the essay should be a bit more than the weekly essays (appr.2-3 pages).
THEME 1: OPEN INNOVATION
- Vanhaverbeke, W., & Chesbrough, H. (2014). A classification of open innovation and open business models. New frontiers in open innovation, 6, 50-68.
- Chesbrough, H. (2004). Managing open innovation. Research-Technology Management, 47(1), 23-26.
- Dahlander, L., & Gann, D. M. (2010). How open is innovation?. Research policy, 39(6), 699-709.
THEME 2: TECHNOLOGICAL DISRUPTION & BUSINESS MODELS
- Christensen, C. M., Verlinden, M., & Westerman, G. (2002). Disruption, disintegration and the dissipation of differentiability. Industrial and corporate change, 11(5), 955-993.
- Tripsas, M., & Gavetti, G. (2000). Capabilities, cognition, and inertia: Evidence from digital imaging. Strategic management journal, 21(10‐11), 1147-1161.
- Christensen, Reynor. M & McDonald, R. (2015). What is Disruptive Innovation? Harvard Business Reviw. Available at: https://hbr.org/2015/12/what-is-disruptive-innovation