The topic for this spring is again text and pixel graphics – you'll get to try your hand at various 1980s' retro computers' graphic modes. Here's the tentative schedule:
- May 9: Intro, PETSCII graphics with Markku Reunanen (L208 Väre)
- May 10: Analog vector graphics with Derek Holzer – on Zoom
- May 11: ZX Spectrum pixel graphics with Tero Heikkinen (L208 Väre)
- May 12: Amstrad CPC pixel graphics with Tero Heikkinen (L208 Väre)
- May 13: Finishing your works, exhibition and feedback starting at 13:00 (L208 Väre)
The lectures take place from 10:15 to 16:00 each day. It is highly recommended to bring your own laptop (and mouse) where you can install the required software. Takeout usually has extra laptops to borrow if you don't have one.
To pass the course you need to be present 80% of the time and complete three pictures:
- A PETSCII text screen
- A pixel image for the ZX Spectrum
- A pixel image for the Amstrad CPC
Upload the files to the course Google Drive folder – you'll receive the link on your email. Platform-specific instructions on file formats will be provided in class. The course is graded pass/fail.