Welcome to the course page of teaching assistant as a learning instructor.
The course, comprising five teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner.
You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work.
After the course you will
- be able to observe the learning environment from the learning perspective
- identify aspects to support students' learning process
- recognise ways to support students' study motivation
- identify your role as a learning instructor
The schedule for the course is the following:
- Day 1: Thursday 16.9.2021 at 13.00-15.00
- Day 2: Wednesday 22.9.2021 at 9.00-12.00
- Day 3: Thursday 14.10. at 13.00-16.00
- Day 4: Tuesday 2.11.2021 at 9.00-12.00
- Day 5: Thursday 11.11.2021 at 13.00-16.00
Information and support: How to teach remotely?
- Step-by-step guides and online trainings for Aalto teachers on how to teach remotely - especially during corona restrictions: https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/OPIT/Coronavirus+and+teaching+in+Aalto+University (remember to log in)
- Step-by-step guidelines to all online tools used in Aalto (MyCourses, Panopto...) https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/OPIT/Home
- Quick guide to using Zoom in teaching: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/zoom-quick-guide
This course is organised by Schools of CHEM, ELEC, ENG & SCI and in cooperation with Aalto University Pedagogical training network.
The course teachers are Samu Tikkanen (ELEC) and Miia Forstén (SCI) (both emails email@example.com).