This week we will work towards finalizing the production plan of your final project. The path towards final project completion should be clear at this point. After this you should work on your final project until it is ready.
Wed 17 May, 16:00 (online, global)
Applications and Implications by prof. Neil Gershenfeld (online, global).
Thu 18 May, 13:15 (holiday)
We continue next week 24 May.
Week 18: Applications and Implications AssignmentPropose a final project masterpiece that integrates the range of units covered.
Your project should incorporate:
- 2D and 3D design
- Additive and subtractive fabrication processes
- Electronics design and production
- Microcontroller interfacing and programming
- System integration and packaging.
Where possible, you should make rather than buy the parts of your project. Projects can be separate or joint, but need to show individual mastery of the skills, and be independently operable.
See Final Project Requirements for a complete list of requirements you must fulfil.
The answers to the questions below will allow you to create your BOM (Bill Of Materials).
Have you answered these questions?
- What will it do?
- Who has done what beforehand?
- What will you design?
- What materials and components will be used?
- Where will they come from?
- How much will they cost?
- What parts and systems will be made?
- What processes will be used?
- What questions need to be answered?
- How will it be evaluated?
This will help you to find the prices for many of the components. Find the Finnish Digikey link and the € prices.