This online seminar is designed to provide support, guidance, and feedback to students writing their Bachelor theses in English. We accept students from the five English Bachelor programmes in CHEM, ENG, ELEC, and SCI:
- Chemical Engineering (CHEM)
- Computational Engineering (ENG)
- Data Science (SCI)
- Digital Systems & Design (ELEC)
- Quantum Technology (ELEC & SCI)
Seminar thesis topics
It is strongly recommended to have chosen a topic and advisor before the first session (20.01)!
Chemical Engineering (CHEM3054): Please check the list of topics (excel) at the Finnish Seminar.
Computational Engineering (ENG3082): https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/CBTT/CoE+BSc+thesis+topicsData Science (SCI3095): https://wiki.aalto.fi/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=234029434
Digital Systems and Design (ELEC3056): https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/2PN/Digital+Systems+and+Design+bachelor+%28final+project+and+thesis%29%3A+Current+topics+and+instructions
Quantum Technology (SCI3103): https://wiki.aalto.fi/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=QTTHESIS&title=Quantum+Technology+major+-+BSc+thesis+topics
**TIK students (SCI3027): https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/SCI3027/Topic+Area%3A+Topics+Spring+2023
Upon completion of the seminar, students will be able to
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a field-specific topic through writing and presenting a Bachelor thesis,
- search for, critically assess, and integrate sources into the argumentation of their thesis,
- recognise standard citation practices and plagiarism-avoidance strategies for proper documentation of sources,
- identify the organisational and language features specific to a Bachelor thesis in their field of study, and
- provide critical feedback to others' work and respond to feedback on their own work.
A minimum of 90 ECTS credits of BSc degree studies completed with an emphasis on basic and major studies. A student must have a valid personal study plan approved before entering the seminar. It is also strongly recommended that students have already taken the written (w) skills component of their mandatory foreign language credits.
Seminar Team Contact DetailsYou can contact us at email@example.com. Please use the course code (JOIN.BSc) in the message.Coordinator: Maurice ForgetChemical Engineering Thesis Supervisor: Michael HummelComputational Engineering Thesis Supervisor: Luc St-PierreData Science Thesis Supervisor: Maarit Korpi-LaggDigital Systems & Design Thesis Supervisor: Martin AndraudQuantum Technology Thesis Supervisor: Matti RaasakkaInformation Specialist: Kirsi HeinoSpeech Communication: Henriette ("Henni") KervinenFinnish Maturity Exam: Tapani MöttönenSwedish Maturity Exam: Sofia SevónLaTeX tutoring: Inkar Mizambek
Announcements KeskustelualueFor teacher use only! We announce important information here.
Yleinen keskustelu Keskustelualue
Have a question about an assignment? Run into a technical problem? Something else related to the seminar? Post your question or comment here.