MATLAB and Simulink
In this course MATLAB is primarly used in regular exercises and homeworks. It is recommended to install Control System Toolbox and Simulink. Note that Simulink is an application of MATLAB and is used for dynamic modelling.
It is possible to use MATLAB and Simulink:
- At university PCs. MATLAB is installed in every computer.
- Intalling the software to your own computers from this link: https://download.aalto.fi/. Choose "Software for students' home computers". Simulink will be installed automatically with MATLAB.
- In the browser. This requires Aalto credentials or at least your Aalto email.
- MATLAB Online: https://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab-online.html
- Simulink Online: https://www.mathworks.com/products/simulink-online.html
There exists numerous tutorials for MATLAB (in general and for each toolbox separately) and Simulink. Here are few tutorials:
- Tutorial 1 (Simulink):
- Tutorial 2 (MATLAB script):
- Tutorial 3 (Simulink):