Assignments, grading, and key dates
- Individual Assignments, 55%
- Pre-session assignments, 16% (top eight grades from ten sessions used, each session graded 0-2)
- Reflections, 24% (3X8% each)
- Commenting on others' reflections, 15% (5x3% each)
- Group Projects (Details found here: Group Project - Background and descriptions, while the submission portal is here: Group Project - Submission portal for different components)
- Final report, 45%
|Pre-session preparation||Due by 09:30 the day of class|
|Reflections||All submitted by Friday, October 14th|
|Comments||All submitted by Tuesday, October 18th
| Create Group
||Thursday, September 15th
|Group contract||Monday, September 19th|
|Interim report I||Sunday, September 25th
|Interim report II||Monday, October 10th
|Final written report||Friday, October 21st|
|Peer Evaluation||Saturday, October 22nd
Attending (9/12) of sessions is obligatory, as the discussions we have in class are key to learning in this course; put another way, you can miss maximum 3/12 sessions. Moreover, based on prior experience, it is highly unlikely that one missing more than three sessions will be able to contribute meaningfully to the group work. Resultantly, if you miss more than three sessions, you will be removed from the group work, making it exceedingly difficult to pass the course.
These 12 sessions include out core in-class sessions, as well as class time devoted to group work.
Medical absences, with appropriate documentation, are not counted as absences. However, to ensure you can contribute to the group work, you will be required to make up the missed sessions by watching the recording, and writing a short reflection on it.
This course will follow the Aalto University Code of Academic Integrity and Handling Thereof:
Click for full details. Each pre-session preparation will be graded as a 0, 1, or 2. I will use your eight highest grades, so 8x2% = 16%.
- The short explanation: Your highest 3 reflections will be counted (3*8%=24%). reflections will be given a grade of 0-10. I expect most will receive a 7, 8, or 9, with 10s being reserved for those that are exceptionally insightful. Here are a few pointers that will help you get a good grade.
The short explanation: Your highest 5 comments will be counted (5*3%=15%). All comments will be given a grade of 0-10. I expect most will receive a 7, 8, or 9, with 10s being reserved for those that are exceptionally insightful. Here are a few pointers that will help you get a good grade.