Session #1, October 24th - "Digital Disruption and Digital Transformation"
- The Data Imperative Chapter 1 FilePDF document
- Session 1, video #1: Welcome to the course! URL
- Slides from session #1 FilePDF document
Session #2, October 27th - "The data imperative"
- The Data Imperative Chapter 2 FilePDF document
- Video for session 2: Data-related technologies URL
- Session #2, Video #2: The data imperative (short) URL
- Slides from session #2 FilePDF document
Session #3, October 31th - "Complexity and modularity"
- The Data Imperative, Chapter 4 FilePDF document
- Relex solutions case study FilePDF document
- Session 3 video: modularity URL
- Session #3 slides FilePDF document
Session #4, November 3rd - "Digital strategies and platforms"
- FT - Tagwalk.com case study FilePDF document
- Session #4 video 1/2 URL
- Session #4, video 2/2 URL
- The Data Imperative, Chapter 3 FilePDF document
- Cusumano et al. 2020 article URL
- Cusumano et al. 2020 filePDF document
- Slides from session #4 FilePDF document
Session #5, November 7th - "Data: legal, ethical, and ecosystem perspectives"
- Session #5 video. Jeremy Rifkin on the zero marginal cost society URL
- Evans 2022. There is no such thing as Big data. Financial Times May 27, 2022. URL
- Zuboff, S. (2015). Big other: surveillance capitalism and the prospects of an information civilization. Journal of information technology, 30(1), 75-89. FilePDF document
- Slides from session #5 FilePDF document
Session #6, November 14th - "Agile organizations and the digital transformation process"
- The Data Imperative, Chapter 5 (copy) FilePDF document
- Session #6 video URL
- Session #6 slides FilePDF document
Session #7, November 17th - "Data analytics and AI"
- The Data Imperative, Chapter 6 FilePDF document
- Session #7 video URL
- 2022-11 DDB Session 7 slides FilePDF document
Session #8, November 21st - "Self-managed organizations and digital work"
- Holacracy: A Radical New Approach to Management | Brian Robertson | TEDxGrandRapids URL
- Experiments in algorithmic governance: A history and ethnography of “The DAO,” a failed decentralized autonomous organization. FilePDF document
- Self-managing organizations: Exploring the limits of less-hierarchical organizing FilePDF document
Session #9, November 24th - "The future of digitalized business"
- The Data Imperative, Chapter 8 FilePDF document
- Session #9 video URL
Optional extra materials for interested students
- session 9 slides URL