You have following 12 assignments (see the Assignments section for a corresponding instruction of each assignment):
- Summary of learnings from the readings and podcasts/Into pages
- Preliminary research topic(s), reflection essay on Antti's blog post, and research question iterations
- Reflection essay on one of key articles provided by teachers, and a list of 5 extra articles from relevant research channel(s)
- Annotated bibliography of 5 extra publications- read them with notes (why you chose them, how they are related to the thesis topic, how they are helping you to answer your research question)
- Review of research ethics, Turnitin report
- Midterm: Thesis topic proposal
- Thesis topic proposal revision
- Artifact analysis workshop preparation
- Artifact analysis report
- Interview report of 3 participants
- Data analysis report
- Final: Preliminary research plan, Turnitin report
General instructions for the assignments:
Assignment 1-11: Graded with 'passed with distinction' / 'passed' / 'failed' / 'new revision needed'
- These assignments are to support you individually to prepare for your thesis process. You will start doing most of these assignments in-class; then, you have to work in your group and finalize to submit via MyCourses by their submission due.
- You need to get 'passed' or 'passed with distinction' from all of them.
- If you don't submit on time, you get 'failed' (you may email us to explain possible delays if needed).
- If you submit the assignment on time but it's too rough or incomplete, you get 'new revision needed' (you need to resubmit it asap to get 'passed' or 'passed with distinction').
- If you do outstanding work (e.g. deeper reflection, extra tasks beyond the instruction, etc.), you get 'passed with distinction'.
- A number of 'pass with distinction' can influence your course grading later.
- A score of a student for this assignment is proposed by responsible teachers based on the evaluation matrix (download). You have to get approval of your preliminary research plan through Turnitin Originality Check.
- If you fail Assignment 12, you can't participate BA Thesis Seminar in Period III. Based on the feedback, you can resubmit the revised version by 2 Jan 2023 to pass.
Your attendance matters:
- 80% of your attendance for contact teaching sessions is required to pass the course.
- Your participations are compulsory for the first session (5 Sep.), midterm (17 Oct.) and final (5 Dec.).