- Appendix 1: Chapter-Section Overviews and Summaries
- Appendix 2: What is the aim of your thesis?
- Appendix 3: Masters Introduction Chapters in Engineering (MICE)
- Appendix 4: Opening sentences (Move 1-1)
- Appendix 5: Topic sentences (Move 1-3)
- Appendix 6: Getting the Tense Right
- Appendix 7: Reporting Verbs
- Formal connectors (Signposts)
- How do you see the world? (article usage)
Lists can serve three purposes : (1) to introduce examples, (2) to classify concepts into groups, or (3) to divide concepts into their subparts. Classification-division is an important pattern, since it enables the writer to organize the text in a General-to-specific pattern.
Rules for using the definite (the), indefinite (a/an) and zero (Ø) articles in academic writing