User study update
Hand in an update of your user study plan & progress. Briefly explain:
1) who are the expected target users,
2) how many you have involved in the project, and
3) how do you do your user study (method).
In the course each team is expected to involve at least four potential future users of your design in the project. In order to create a user study plan, which should be minimal, you need to first have a sense of what will be the context(s) or interest of your team, for example, are you focusing on families with kids, or shopkeepers, motorcyclists, or what. The target user group should be realistically accessible for your team to study within the next 2 weeks, so don’t try to think of astronauts, medical doctors, or other difficult-to-get people.
So the plan should be:
- Who are your target users broadly (and how they might be related to resources)
- How are you doing the user study (i.e. the methods – interview, observation, etc. – you will use)