WEEK 2: Role of ICT, Interaction Design & Data Science in Crisis Response
Lecture (June 9): Role of ICT in Humanitarian Sector & Crisis Communication Strategies
Role of Information & Communication Technologies in Humanitarian Sector, Ilpo Kiiskinen, Communications Director at Finnish Red Cross
Crisis Communication Strategies at Aalto University, Jaakko Salavuo, Communications Director, Aalto University
Workshop (June 11): Contact Tracing for COVID-19: Role of Interaction Design & Data Science
Designing the Ketju Contact Tracing App: Interaction Design, Technology and Privacy Implications, Karri-Pekka Laakso, Lead Designer (Interaction), Reaktor
Privacy-Preserving Contact Statistics Collection using COVID-19 Contact Tracing Apps, Prof Antti Honkela, Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki and Coordinator of Research Programme in Privacy-preserving and Secure AI, Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence (FCAI)
Workshop: Contact Tracing for COVID-19: Role of Interaction Design & Data Science (PDF slides)
Karri-Pekka Laakso, Lead Designer, Reaktor and Prof. Antti Honkela, University of Helsinki and FCAI, June 11, 2020.
- Nagwa Konda, Kholoud Mansour, Lydia Tanner, Jennie Thomas. Human-centred design and humanitarian innovation. Designing solutions with people affected by disaster. DEPP Innovation Labs (2019)
- Alex Berke and Kent Larson. Contact Tracing Technologies: Methods and trade-offs. City Science group. MIT Media Lab (2020). Brief Summary
- Andrew Crocker, Kurt Opsahl, and Bennett Cyphers. The Challenge of Proximity Apps For COVID-19 Contact Tracing, Blog Post. Electronic Frontier Foundation. April 10, 2020.
- Shan L. Pan, Gary Pan and Dorothy Leidner. 2012. Crisis response information networks. Journal of the Association for Information Systems. 13, (1), 31-56. Research Collection School Of Accountancy.
- Glenn Richey, R., Pettit, S. and Beresford, A. 2009. Critical success factors in the context of humanitarian aid supply chains. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol. 39 No. 6, pp. 450-468.
- Gonzalez, Rafael. 2010. Developing a Multi-Agent System of a Crisis Response Organization. Business Process Management Journal. 16. 847 - 870.