Additional Information about Project Managers
Every year we search for potential candidates to fill the position of project manager for each team. The project managers will get 2 extra credits and enjoy the ultimate learning experience.
The manager's role may be challenging in various ways:
- "Someone" must keep the research, planning, execution & and polishing phases under control
- Managing & leading the team through issues e.g.
- Part-time effort
- Conflicting interests, other studies, hobbies, work, dating, life…
- Unavailable skills and motivation
- Uneven workload
- Individual responsibility
As it will be after PDP, in any job or organization.
But there is also something special for you:
- Extensive training on project management
- 2 additional credits
- The ultimate learning experience & strong merit for working life
- 100% support from the course staff!
If you are studying product development, considering the role of a Project Manager (PM) is a natural option. If you've already studied project management, why not try out how the science works in practice? If you have not, no worries, just have a positive attitude and challenge yourself to learn! We strongly encourage anyone to apply for the Project Manager position, regardless of gender and study background. In the history of PDP we've had awesome managers from Design, Business and Technology fields. However, the project managers should be able to come to Design Factory, as managing a team only remotely would not work as well.