VR Tools Workshop
The voluntary VR tools workshop, taking place on 1-2 December, is a hands-on introduction to the newly set up VR lab at Design Factory. During this two-day workshop, we will explore the world of possibilities that VR has to offer, specifically using an Oculus Quest 2, and how we can design and develop for it, and use it for various applications.
The workshop will be divided into two sessions over two consecutive days, along with a VR project that you will work on in your own time:
- Day one (Wednesday 1st December from 13:00-16:00) will involve:
· An introduction to VR as a technology and the VR lab concept
· The Oculus Quest 2 and its array of applications
· Oculus Link and how to use the Quest 2 for PC powered applications
· Designing for VR and using it as a Visualization tool using applications e.g. Twinmotion
· A take-home VR project in relation to your PDP project. This will be explained further during the workshop
- Day two (Thursday 2nd December from 10:00 to 15:30) will involve 30 minutes of one-on-one sessions with the VR lab and further discuss your VR projects. Please choose one of the times available that suits you and your teammates for this day. Please note the slots are limited to one booking per team. If there is more than one participant from each project team, one of the students should place the booking and show up in teams.
This workshop will be held on-site at the Design Factory Stage and Studio.
Attendance for the two days and completion of the VR project will grant you 1 credit.
Contact Person: Sushant Passi (email@example.com)
Please register below if you would like to participate in the VR Tools workshop until the 29th of November by 23:59.