Schedule: 09.04.2019 - 29.05.2019
Teacher in charge (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Professor Matti Suominen
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
V (2018-2019, spring 2019) Otaniemi campus
Not lectured 2019-2020
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
By the end of the course the students will be able show detailed understanding of asset pricing models and the theory of financial markets under perfect and under imperfect information.
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Financial markets under perfect information: risk aversion and portfolio choice. Dynamic hedging and pricing of redundant assets. Financial markets under imperfect information: supply and demand for risky assets under imperfect information. Liquidity provision in financial markets. The course looks at the modern theory of financial markets and the empirical evidence related to the phenomena discussed.
Assessment Methods and Criteria (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
1. Lectures 24 h, Professor Matti Suominen
3. Final exam (100%), or alternatively an extensive individual project
Workload (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Lectures 24 h
Class preparation 48 h
Exercise preparation 50 h
Exam preparation 36 h
Exam 4 h
Study Material (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Material provided by the lecturer
Course Homepage (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Prerequisites (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course is an advanced level course for M.Sc. students.
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Course registration via WebOodi. See the registration time in WebOodi. For any registration related matter, please contact the department study coordinator.
Further Information (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
A maximum of 70 students can be accepted to the course.
- Students at Aalto Finance M.Sc. programme (i.e. who have graduated as B.Sc.) will be guaranteed a seat on Finance M.Sc. courses. Finance M.Sc. students re-taking the course (grade already registered in WebOodi) will not be prioritized and can participate only if there are places remaining.
- CEMS students are similarly guaranteed a seat for Finance M.Sc. courses, which have been designated as CEMS courses.
Remaining seats are prioritized as follows, in the order of registration in WebOodi within one category:
1. Finance M.Sc. exchange students from other universities
2. Aalto Finance B.Sc. students with a finished B.Sc. thesis (registered in transcript of records)
3. All other M.Sc. students
Please follow carefully the registration deadlines of the courses and exams! Missing registration deadline automatically foregoes a guaranteed seat for Finance M.Sc. courses and puts prospective student at the bottom of the prioritization list.