Schedule: 27.02.2019 - 03.04.2019
Teacher in charge (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Professor of Practice Peter Kelly
Teaching Period (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The course will be lectured during spring 2019 (IV period) in Otaniemi campus.
2019-2020 no lectures.
Learning Outcomes (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
To introduce students to the main concepts of venture capital activities, analysing venture investments, valuation of companies and the exit process.
Content (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
The operating principles of a venture capital fund, the process of choosing target companies, valuation and capital structure, various methods of selling the target companies.
Assessment Methods and Criteria (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
1. Lectures and cases 24 h. Active attendance and participation in the classes is required.
2. Six case assignments and a final assignment (100%)
Grading Scale (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration for Courses (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Course is lectured during spring 2019 (IV period) as a substitute course to the cancelled International Financial Management.
Further Information (valid 01.08.2018-31.07.2020):
Registration via WebOodi.
A maximum of 80 students can be accepted to the course.
- Students at Aalto Finance M.Sc. programme (i.e. who have graduated as B.Sc.) will be guaranteed a seat on Finance M.Sc. courses. Finance M.Sc. students re-taking the course (grade already registered in WebOodi) will not be prioritized and can participate only if there are places remaining.
Remaining seats are prioritized as follows, in the order of registration in WebOodi within one category:
1. Finance M.Sc. exchange students from other universities
2. Aalto Finance B.Sc. students with a finished B.Sc. thesis (registered in transcript of records)
3. All other M.Sc. students
- Teacher: Peter Kelly