Please note! Course description is confirmed for two academic years, which means that in general, e.g. Learning outcomes, assessment methods and key content stays unchanged. However, via course syllabus, it is possible to specify or change the course execution in each realization of the course, such as how the contact sessions are organized, assessment methods weighted or materials used.
After completing the course,
- Students will have knowledge of risk management in organizations, including risk identification, risk analysis, and risk response.
- Students will be familiar with the process-oriented and accounting focused perspective on risk management.
- Students will be able to analyze and question the covered theoretical/empirical perspectives.
- Students will be able to apply their conceptual understanding to the empirical and practical problems in contemporary organizations.
Schedule: 12.01.2021 - 25.02.2021
Teacher in charge (valid 01.08.2020-31.07.2022): Emma-Riikka Myllymäki, Vikash Sinha
Teacher in charge (applies in this implementation): Emma-Riikka Myllymäki, Vikash Sinha
Contact information for the course (applies in this implementation):
CEFR level (applies in this implementation):
Language of instruction and studies (valid 01.08.2020-31.07.2022):
Teaching language: English
Languages of study attainment: English
CONTENT, ASSESSMENT AND WORKLOAD
- Risk analysis: objectives, identification, risk assessment, risk response
- Risk management frameworks and regulations (e.g., COSO)
- Risk Management and other management accounting systems such as performance management, budgeting and planning
- Risk management, corporate governance, and reporting quality
- Reporting and governance roles and approaches
- Auditing and risk management
Assessment Methods and Criteria
- Exam (40 points; 40 %)
- Exercises (60 points, 60 %)
To pass the course, student must obtain:
- a) at least 20 points from the exam, and
- b) at least 50 points from the whole course (exam + exercises).
Total 160 h, including
- Contact teaching
- Independent studying
- Exam (3h)
Readings announced at the beginning of the course.
Introduction to Accounting (22A00110) or comparable course at another university.
SDG: Sustainable Development Goals
8 Decent Work and Economic Growth
13 Climate Action
- Lärare: Emma-Riikka Myllymäki
- Lärare: Ali Nickpour
- Lärare: Vikash Sinha