Please note! Course description is confirmed for two academic years (1.8.2018-31.7.2020), which means that in general, e.g. Learning outcomes, assessment methods and key content stays unchanged. However, via course syllabus, it is possible to specify or change the course execution in each realization of the course, such as how the contact sessions are organized, assessment methods weighted or materials used.
- Understanding of electrical, mechanical and acoustical systems and the relationships between them.
- Identification and modelling of electroacoustic systems through the use of impedance analogies.
- Exposure to finite element modelling packages currently used for designing electroacoustic products.
- Teamwork and presentation skills as well the ability to support and argue design choices.
Schedule: 04.03.2021 - 25.05.2021
Teacher in charge (valid 01.08.2020-31.07.2022): Raimundo Gonzalez Diaz, Ville Pulkki
Teacher in charge (applies in this implementation): Raimundo Gonzalez Diaz
Contact information for the course (applies in this implementation):
CEFR level (applies in this implementation):
Language of instruction and studies (valid 01.08.2020-31.07.2022):
Teaching language: English
Languages of study attainment: English
CONTENT, ASSESSMENT AND WORKLOAD
Anatomy, working principles, and design methods of electroacoustic elements and systems (i.e. loudspeakers, headphones and microphones).
Assessment Methods and Criteria
Lectures and hands-on project work. Learning diaries, exercises, project reports and project presentations.
Contact teaching 36 h, Own work and team work 97h (reading of material, exercises, learning diaries, project work), Total 133h.
Some contact teaching may be compulsory.
Substitutes for Courses
ELEC-E5600 Communication Acoustics, ELEC-E5610 Acoustics and Physics of Sound, Basic knowledge of electrical circuits
SDG: Sustainable Development Goals
4 Quality Education
13 Climate Action
15 Life on Land
- Teacher: Raimundo Gonzalez Diaz