Please note! Course description is confirmed for two academic years, which means that in general, e.g. Learning outcomes, assessment methods and key content stays unchanged. However, via course syllabus, it is possible to specify or change the course execution in each realization of the course, such as how the contact sessions are organized, assessment methods weighted or materials used.
Schedule: 18.05.2021 - 24.06.2021
Teacher in charge (applies in this implementation): Barbara Keller
Contact information for the course (valid 07.05.2021-21.12.2112):
Teacher in Charge: Dr. Barbara Keller
Co-Teacher: Mélanie Cambus
Head TA: Visa Mäkeläinen
Hyung Jun Chang
CEFR level (applies in this implementation):
Language of instruction and studies (applies in this implementation):
CONTENT, ASSESSMENT AND WORKLOAD
Applies in this implementation:Target audience: Everyone who wants to deepen their programming skills by using python to solve engineering tasks and analyze dataPrerequisites: Basic programming skills similar to the skills from CS-A1113 Basics in Programming Y1 (while and for-loop / if-then-else)The course takes 6 weeks and is divided into 3 main components:
Some selected learning outcomes:
- Reading and Structure (week 1 & 2)
- Calculations and Functions (week 3 & 4)
- Results and Presentation (week 5 & 6)
- From data given in a CSV file, you are able to tell the min, max and average
- Given a data set you are able to clean your data for further processing
- You can explain what regression is and apply it
- You will be able to present your scientific findings and your data in an appropriate way
Assessment Methods and Criteria
Applies in this implementation:
The course consists of individual exercises and a project.
The final grade is a weighted average of 40% of the exercise grades and 60% of the project grade.