Please note! Course description is confirmed for two academic years, which means that in general, e.g. Learning outcomes, assessment methods and key content stays unchanged. However, via course syllabus, it is possible to specify or change the course execution in each realization of the course, such as how the contact sessions are organized, assessment methods weighted or materials used.

LEARNING OUTCOMES

The students learn the process of preparing a master's thesis. They develop a methodological, analytical, creative, and problem-solving approach to their own creative ideas and work. They are able to read and analyze academic texts for animation and respond to constructive criticism.

Credits: 3

Schedule: 11.09.2023 - 03.06.2024

Teacher in charge (valid for whole curriculum period):

Teacher in charge (applies in this implementation): Tuula Leinonen

Contact information for the course (applies in this implementation):

CEFR level (valid for whole curriculum period):

Language of instruction and studies (applies in this implementation):

Teaching language: English. Languages of study attainment: English

CONTENT, ASSESSMENT AND WORKLOAD

Content
  • valid for whole curriculum period:

    The students discuss topics related to animation, film and other art forms. They present and develop their thesis plans through reading, analyzing and discussing They outline a theoretical framework including literature in support of their MA Thesis.

     

Assessment Methods and Criteria
  • valid for whole curriculum period:

    Lectures, reading and analyzing scholarly texts, discussion, exercises and homework. Active participation in the organized teaching. Performing the given assignments according to instructions and within given timeframes. Supporting peer learning.

Workload
  • valid for whole curriculum period:

    Contact teaching 36 h, Independent studies 45 h. At least 80% participation in face-to-face teaching is mandatory to complete the course. If, due to absences, the student does not achieve the learning outcomes defined in the course description, the remaining 20% may have to be compensated as determined by the responsible teachers of the course. All absences must be reported to the teachers in charge. The responsible teachers of the course will specify the necessary compensating assignments.

    Study methods changed by decision of Academic Committee for Arts, Design and Architecture on 1st of February 2023.

DETAILS

Substitutes for Courses
Prerequisites

FURTHER INFORMATION

Further Information