After the course, participant:
- Recognizes issues that may have an impact on learning experience.
- Recognizes stages of designing teaching.
- Has expanded his/her network among teachers in Aalto University and has gained experiences of working in a multidisciplinary teacher group.
- Can recognize his/her strengths as a teacher.
- Apprehends his/her role as a teacher in the students’ learning process.
Themes of the course include:
- Teaching culture at Aalto University
- Approaches to learning
- Planning and practicing for a teaching session
- Developing your own teaching and teacher identity
- Working in a multidisciplinary group
The contents of this course may vary depending on the specific needs and objectives of each group. Teaching and learning methods on this course include introductions to new topics, group work (partly online), experimentation through practice, demonstrations, case examples and peer feedback. At the end of the course, the participants prepare a summary, which can be included in their teaching portfolio. Participants are encouraged and expected to have an active role in the learning process.
Time and place
- Thursday 14.9.2017, 9.00 - 16.00, Majakka, Otakaari 1, Otaniemi campus
- Tuesday 26.9.2017, 9.00 - 12.00, Majakka, Otakaari 1, Otaniemi campus
- Wednesday 11.10.2017, 9.00-16.00, Majakka, Otakaari 1, Otaniemi campus
- Thursday 26.10.2017, 12.00-16.00, Majakka, Otakaari 1, Otaniemi campus
- Thursday 9.11.2017, 9.00-16.00, Majakka, Otakaari 1, Otaniemi campus
Teachers: Kirsti Keltikangas (Aalto SCI) and Maija Lampinen (Aalto ELEC)
Please fill in the application for the right to pursue non-graduate studies. Personal information is only needed. The signature is not needed.