- Obtain a topic and an instructor for your special assignment.
- Write or ask the instructor to write a plan for the special assignment (1st part of the plan form).
- Contact one
of the supervisors of the course and get the special assignment plan accepted.
- Send the accepted plan to the teacher in charge of the course.
- Meet your
instructor to plan the work in more detail.
- Fill the 2nd part of the plan form together with him/her, and then send it to the supervisor and all the teachers in charge of the course.
- While working for the subject, discuss your work regularly with the instructor.
- Document everything you do, because it may be useful later in the writing process.
- If it looks like that you will exceed the time limits, consult immediately the supervisor.
- Write the report. Consult the instructor during the writing process.
- Send the report to the instructor for evaluation.
- Fill the 3rd part of the plan form based on your experience during the project and send it to the instructor.
- When the
instructor has accepted your work, meet him/her to have a feedback discussion.
- Update the 3rd part of the plan form based on the feedback you obtained and your thoughts about it.
- Send a) the final report as a pdf file, and b) the complete plan form (now with all the three parts filled to the supervisor, and all the teachers in
charge of the course.
- Ask the instructor to send an evaluation report to the supervisor. (The supervisor confirms the evaluation, sends the record of it to email@example.com for Oodi registration, and sends a copy of the evalaution form to all the teachers in charge of the course)
- Discuss with the instructor how to archive your samples, data, or other material generated during the project.
- Discuss with the instructor and the supervisor if the final report could be published in the Aaltodoc archive.