Welcome to the ELEC course page of teaching assistant as a learning instructor.
The course, comprising four three-hour teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner. You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work, and, if you are interested in pursuing further pedagogical studies at Aalto, you can use these credit points as part of the A! Peda Intro (5 cr) –course.
After the course you will
- be able to observe the classroom environment from the learning perspective and identify aspects to support students' learning process
- recognise ways to support students' study motivation
- identify your role as a learning instructor
Course schedule and place
The schedule for the course is the following:
- Monday 26.2.2018 at 9.00-12.00 in class TU6
- Monday 12.3.2018 at 9.00-12.00 in class TU6
- Friday 23.3.2018 at 9.00-12.00 in class TU6
- Friday 6.4.2018 at 9.00-12.00 in class TU3
The classrooms TU6 (room number 1200) and TU3 (room number 1194) are located in Otaniemi in the TUAS building, Maarintie 8.
This course is organised by Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering Learning Services in cooperation with Aalto University School of Science Learning Services and the University Pedagogical training network. The course teachers are Luis Costa and Aino-Maija Lahtinen (firstname.lastname@example.org), educational developers at ELEC Learning Services.