Welcome to the Transport Modelling course!
About the course
The course belongs to the elective courses of the Master's Program in Spatial Planning and Transportation Engineering.
The course is intended for Master's and PhD students and it is offered in English.
After successful completion of the course, a student is able to:
- Justify data collection and management methods and technology
- Apply trip-based, discrete-choice and activity-based models for transport systems
- Apply network theory to transport systems
- Explain differences and similarities between different models used for transport systems
- Follow scientific literature in transport systems modelling
The course contents include:
- Introduction to Transport Modelling
- Data management
- Trip generation
- Trip distribution
- Modal split
- Traffic assignment
- User equilibrium vs System optimal
- Public transport assignment
- Activity-based modelling
- Integrated land-use and transport models