If you are going to proceed the course "Teaching assistant as a learning instructor (2 ECTS)", please follow these instuctions and make the assignments! After the enrolment and the first teaching session, participants are divided to home groups (3-6 members) by the teaching staff.
The Learning assignment #1 consists of three parts:
1. Reading the book sections (Section 2 "What generates learning" pp. 9-18, and Section 3 "How do I create an environment that supports learning?", pp. 19-26), DL 28.9.2018
2. Teaching observation #1 "interaction in the classroom", DL 28.9.2018.
- Visit an exercise class where you act as an observer. If possible, visit a class of one of your group members. If not, you can visit any other teaching session. It is polite to ask the teacher / assistant that you are coming to observe the session. You can tell the instructor that you are doing this observation as a part of SCI course assistant training.
- Use the feedback form from this page. Focus on interaction in the classroom and note down at least the following: How was it created? What approaches were used? Which aspects did you find to support students' learning process? You can add reflections and insights of your own.
- Submit the form in MyCourses "Returning of Teaching observation #1" with the name of the observed peer/teacher removed. Use filename <FirstName>_<Lastname>_LA1_observations (e.g., "Jukka_Parviainen_LA1_observations.pdf")
- Optionally, give your feedback to your peer / the teacher, page #2 of the feedback form. Be specific, positive and give constructive feedback.