The course aims to address the following questions:
- What is the current supervision process in your department?
- What information should be included in a MSc thesis and where?
- What are the steps and milestones in the thesis writing process?
- What resources are available for supervisors to aid the process?
- How to supervise topics from industry?
- How to avoid crises and procrastination in the thesis process?
The course will be completed either with 3 or 5 credits depending on your own schedule and interests.
The questionnaire for this is in sub-page Project work (for those who do 5 credits).
|17.1.2019||Current state of affairs [in supervision]|
|8.2.2019||Evaluation of theses|
|6.3.2019||Supervision processes and milestones|
|26.3.2019||Feedback: giving and taking|
|25.4.2019||Supervising topics from industry or other stakeholders|
|23.5.2019||Resources & tools available for supervisors|
|between workshops||Subgroup meeting with study psychologist, 2-3 persons in each sub-group|
CS 1 Wednesday 17.1.2019 at 9.00-12.00, class M140 (Majakka), Otakaari 1
CS 2 Friday 8.2.2019 at 9.00-12.00, KPMG (U262/U-wing), Otakaari 1
CS 3 Wednesday 6.3.2019 at 12.30-15.30, class U261 (OP), Otakaari 1
CS 4 Tuesday 26.3.2019 at 9.00-12.00, class POSTI (U-wing), Otakaari 1
CS 5 Thursday 25.4.2019 at 9.00-12.00, class DELOITTE (U-wing), Otakaari 1
CS 6 Thursday 23.5.2019 at 9.00-12.00, class DELOITTE (U-wing), Otakaari 1
Kirsti Keltikangas, pedagogical specialist, Aalto ELEC / Teacher in charge
Mikko Inkinen, Study Psychologist, Learning Services
Ken Pennington, Lecturer of English, Language Centre
Jan-Mikael Rybicki, Lecturer of English, Language Centre
Otaniemi, Otakaari 1