Welcome to the ELEC course page of teaching assistant as a learning instructor.
The course, comprising four three-hour teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner. You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work, and, if you are interested in pursuing further pedagogical studies at Aalto, you can use these credit points as part of the A! Peda Intro (5 cr) –course.
After the course you will
- be able to observe the classroom environment from the learning perspective and identify aspects to support students' learning process
- recognise ways to support students' study motivation
- identify your role as a learning instructor
Course schedule and place
The schedule for the course is the following:
- Wednesday 6.3.2019 at 9.00–12.00 in class AS6
- Wednesday 20.3.2019 at 9.00–12.00 in class AS6
- Monday 1.4.2019 at 9.00–12.00 in class TU7
- Monday 8.4.2019 at 9.00–12.00 in class TU7
Classrooms AS6 and TU7 are located in Otaniemi in the Maarintie 8 building (old name, TUAS building).
This course is organised by Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering Learning Services in cooperation with Aalto University School of Science Learning Services, Aalto University School of Engineering, Aalto University School of Chemical Engineering and the University Pedagogical training network. The course teachers are Luis Costa and Kirsti Keltikangas (email@example.com), educational developers at ELEC Learning Services.