Learn the basics of Web service design! This course is the introduction part of three part course on design of Web services. The other two parts are Web Service Prototyping and Web Service Implementation. In this part, you will learn how to
- Define the user groups and use cases of a Web service
- Plan the content of the service
- Develop user interface sketches and navigational structure of the service
- Select the Web technologies and define the architecture of the service
- Plan the implementation project
- Wednesday 24.4 18:00-20:00 General Information (Slides)
- Monday 29.4 18:00-20:00 Topic Pitching
- Wednesday 8.5 18:00-20:00 Getting Started (Slides)
- Wednesday 22.5 18:00-20:00 Design Gala
In addition, each group will have group online meetings with their assistant. We will use Zoom for all online meetings.
Please note that this course is intended for students of Network university FITech (https://fitech.io/instructions-for-applying/).
If you are already a degree student in Aalto University, you should take the course CS-E4400 Design of WWW Services instead.