Instructions for the presentation in the Master's thesis seminar:
- A student preparing Master's thesis shall give an oral presentation
on his/her work when the work is nearly complete, but before applying for
approval of the work.
- After supervisor gives permission to give presentation, the seminar presentation time will be agreed with Sanna Patana (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The goal of the seminar presentation is to give the student an opportunity to show that he/she is able to present his/her work in a concise form, within given time limits, and use appropriate audiovisual aids. At the same time, the student has an opportunity to get feedback on his/her work.
- The time reserved for the presentation is 20 minutes (the time is shorter than you may think!).
- The material has to be planned for a 20 min presentation. For completeness, there may be more slides (e.g. curves) but then all of them are not presented. The slides have to contain at least the following information:
- the title of the work, the names of the student and the supervisor, the place where the work was carried out
- outline (table of contents) of the presentation
- the background and the problem studied in the work
- the methods used
- most important results
- conclusions and possible future work
- The slides are prepared in the format of either a *.pdf (recommended)
or *.pptx file.
- Presentation slides must be send to email@example.com no later than 2 week days before seminar presentation.
- By default the presention will be published in this MyCo space (only visible for Aalto users).