After the course the student :
- recognizes different types of unit operations and industrial scale processes used in biomass
valorization, conversion, bioprocessing and paper/board making
- knows the basic principles of these processes
- recognizes the main products manufactured with these processes and production plants
- understands the role of environmental technologies in industrial production processes
- understands how raw materials are used in a sustainable manner in production processes.