Welcome to the ENG's course environment of course assistant as a learning fasilitator.
The course, comprising four three-hour teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner. You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work, and, if you are interested in pursuing further pedagogical studies at Aalto, you can use these credit points as part of the A! Peda Intro (5 cr) –course.
After the course you will
- be able to observe the classroom environment from the learning perspective and identify aspects to support students' learning process
- recognise ways to support students' study motivation
- identify your role as a learning instructor
Course schedule and place
The schedule for the course is the following:
- Tuesday 15.10.2019 at 13.00–16.00 in class 150, Otakaari 4
- Tuesday 29.10.2019 at 13.00–16.00 in class 150, Otakaari 4
- Tuesday 12.11.2019 at 13.00–16.00 in class 150, Otakaari 4
- Tuesday 26.11.2019 at 12.00–16.00 in class 201, Otakaari 4
This course is organised by Aalto University School of Engineering Learning Services in cooperation with the the University Pedagogical training network.
The course teachers are Maire Syrjäkari (teacher in charge) and visitors (firstname.lastname@example.org), educational developers at ENG Learning Services.