Here you find all materials and instructions.
Please, read this first page and do the first assignment (see Assignments). Anything to ask, do not hesitate to contact me.
email firstname.lastname@example.org phone +358 50 505 9565.
FILL THE STUDY RIGHT FORM ,save with your name, Submit into MyCourses in the bottom of this page TO GET THE CREDITS
- 1) Theme: What are the purposes of assessment? Main concepts.
- 2) Theme: How to engage the students with the standards and criteria?
3) Theme: How to support assessment for learning in courses?
During the course the aim is to achieve a deeper scholarship in designing assessment for and of learning. Individually, you will read some (at least 5 ) papers .
Thereis one main assignment to be done during the course: You will write a final report of about 5 pages. In that report the justifications must be based on literature and the style is normal academic report.
The specific content you can design yourself. At first, write a preliminary reflection before you start reading the papers. What do you think about assessment, assessing student learning. What are your experiences? What areyour assessment practices? What has been changed in that area during your teacher career? Submit into mycourses 'Assignment'
The estimated workload for the whole course of 5 credits is 135 hours, 1 credit =27 h
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES & CONTENT
After the course you will be able
- to identify the resources of assessment practices in supporting learning process,
- to analyse and compare various assessment and feedback methods in related to validity and reliability,
- to implement self- or peer-assessment in own teaching,
- (to evaluate the assessment and feedback practices in a programme or major and to participate in developing the practices)
- Concepts of assessment, purposes of assessment
- Designing assessment methods to support student learning
- Self-assessment and peer-assessment
- Reliability and validity
- (Program-level assessment) minor part
TEACHER IN CHARGEViivi Virtanen, email@example.com, phone +358 50 505 9565, twitter VirtanenHsee my research TUHAT