WELCOME TO TEACHING PRACTICE COURSE // TERVETULOA OPETUSHARJOITTELU-KURSSILLE!
The goal of the teaching practice is to develop participants' teaching skills. In the course you have an opportunity to try new approaches or teaching methods under guidance and receive feedaback on your teaching. You will observe your peers' teaching and learn from them. When you reflect on your and your peers' teaching you develop your teaching competence and yourself as a teacher.
The course begins with a kick-off meeting on the 9 th January, 2020, 13.00 - 15.30. Place: Otakaari 1, M140 (Majakka)
The schedule of the peer group meetings will be agreed in the kick-off meeting.
The course comprises the following elements:
- Kick-off session (9.1.2020),
- Peer-group meetings (4-5 meetings),
- A) Teaching observation: observing your peers' teaching and providing oral and written feedback on their teaching,
- B) Teaching observation: observing other teaching (5 observations) including teaching in upper secondary school (lukio) or university of applied sciences (AMK),
- own teaching: practical implementation of the teaching practice,
- compiling teaching practice plan including own teaching philosophy, course design, peer feedback and reflection of observations.
Return your final version of the teaching practice plan in the inbox below at the latest on the 5.6.2020.
Maire, Miia ja Jukka
- Maire Syrjäkari (teacher in charge), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miia Forsten, email@example.com
- Jukka Välimäki, firstname.lastname@example.org