Welcome to the course page of workshop master as a learning instructor.
The course, comprising four three-hour teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner.
You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work.
After the course you will able to
- observe the workshop environment from the
- identify aspects to support students' learning process
- identify your role as a learning instructor
- identify ways to improve your
competences as an instructor
Course schedule and place
The course consists of four zoom session on
Monday mornings from 9:15 to 12:00. The session dates and themes are:
- 6.4.2020 Interaction and feedback in learning and teaching
- 21.4.2020 Approaches to learning and diverse learners
- 4.5.2020 Student well-being; factors affecting success in studies - student profiles
- 8.6.2020 Issues related to learning; motivation; practical tips
The course teachers are educational specialists Tiina Pylkkönen (ARTS) and Kirsti Keltikangas (ELEC) (both emails email@example.com).