Welcome to the course page of workshop master as a learning instructor.
The course, comprising four three-hour teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner.
You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work.
After the course you will able to
- observe the workshop environment from the
- identify aspects to support students' learning process
- identify your role as a learning instructor
- identify ways to improve your
competences as an instructor
Course schedule and place
The course consists of four zoom session on Monday mornings from 9:15 to 12:00. The session dates and themes are:
- 6.4.2020 Interaction and feedback in learning and teaching
- 21.4.2020 Approaches to learning and diverse learners
- 4.5.2020 Student well-being; factors affecting success in studies - student profiles
- 8.6.2020 Issues related to learning; motivation; practical tips
The course teachers are educational specialists Tiina Pylkkönen (ARTS) and Kirsti Keltikangas (ELEC) (both emails email@example.com).
Updated groups (21.4.) for observation discussions Tiedosto
- observe the workshop environment from the learning perspective
All the course material used during the first day will be found here: the slides, the assignments along with the instructions and the material you have made in the class. The submission boxes for your first assignment (reading, teaching observation, group work and reflection) are here as well.
All the course material used during the second day is found here: the slides and the assignments along with the instructions. The submission boxes for your second assignment (reading, teaching observation, group work and reflection) are here as well..
For those who did not attend, the makeup assignment to compensate for the missed class is at the bottom of the page.
Tämän päivän teema suomeksi:
Opiskelijoiden opiskeluhyvinvointi (AllWell-kysely)
Tekijät, jotka vaikuttavat opintojen sujuvuuteen ja menestykseen.
All the slides used during the third day are found here.
Päivän materiaalit tuodaan tälle sivulle.
The slides of the fourth day and flingas will be posted here. A list containing different teaching methods and activities follows.
The substitute assignment for those who were unable to attend day 4 is at the bottom of the page.