Welcome to the course page of teaching assistant as a learning instructor.
The course, comprising four three-hour teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner.
You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work.
After the course you will
- be able to observe the classroom environment from the learning perspective and identify aspects to support students' learning process
- recognise ways to support students' study motivation
- identify your role as a learning instructor
Course schedule and place
The schedule for the course is the following:
- Tuesday 4.2.2020 at 13.00-16.00 in class U410b in Otakaari 1
- Thursday 27.2.2020 at 13.00-16.00 in class U6 (13-14) and in class U410b (14-16) in Otakaari 1
- Wednesday 18.3.2020 at 9.00–12.00 in class U9 (9-10) and in class U410b (10-12) in Otakaari 1
- Tuesday 31.3.2020 at 9.00–12.00 in class M202 (9-10) and in class L101 (10-12) in Väre building
This course is organised by Schools of CHEM, ELEC, ENG & SCI and in cooperation with Aalto University Pedagogical training network.
The course teachers are Kirsti Keltikangas (ELEC) and Jukka Välimäki (CHEM) (both emails email@example.com).