Info for the Day 4. lecture
We have special arrangements for our course:
Contact session 4. is held online via Zoom
1. You will enter zoom space via this link at. 9.00 am at Tuesday
LINK: : https://aalto.zoom.us/j/480261607
- In this Zoom session Sara Rönkkönen, a specialist from Aalto AllWell-study wellbeing initiative, will have her lecture
2. After Sara`s lecture we will continue in another Zoom space (B-group):
Information and support: How to teach remotely?
- Step-by-step guides and online trainings for Aalto teachers on how to teach remotely - especially during corona restrictions: https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/OPIT/Coronavirus+and+teaching+in+Aalto+University (remember to log in)
- Step-by-step guidelines to all online tools used in Aalto (MyCourses, Panopto...) https://wiki.aalto.fi/display/OPIT/Home
- Quick guide to using Zoom in teaching: https://www.aalto.fi/en/services/zoom-quick-guide
Welcome to the course page of teaching assistant as a learning instructor.
The course, comprising four three-hour teaching sessions, is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner.
You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work.
After the course you will
- be able to observe the classroom environment from the learning perspective and identify aspects to support students' learning process
- recognise ways to support students' study motivation
- identify your role as a learning instructor
Course schedule and place
The schedule for the course is the following:
- Tuesday 4.2.2020 at 13.00-16.00 in class U262 (KPMG) in Otakaari 1
- Thursday 27.2.2020 at 13.00-16.00 in class U6 (13-14) and U406b (14-16) in Otakaari 1
- Wednesday 18.3.2020 at 9.00–12.00 in class U9 (9-10) and class Y308 (10-12) in Otakaari 1
- Tuesday 31.3.2020 at 9.00-12.00 in class M202 (9-10) and in class L102 (10-12), in Väre building
This course is organized in collaboration of Schools of CHEM, ELEC, ENG and SGI and the University Pedagogical training network.
The course teachers are Miia Forstén and Essi Nuotio (firstname.lastname@example.org), educational developers at SCI Learning Services.
Small groups of the course: