WELCOME TO TEACHING PRACTICE COURSE // TERVETULOA OPETUSHARJOITTELU-KURSSILLE!
The goal of the teaching practice is to develop participants' teaching skills. In the course you have an opportunity to try new approaches or teaching methods under guidance and receive feedaback on your teaching. You will observe your peers' teaching and learn from them. When you reflect on your and your peers' teaching you develop your teaching competence and yourself as a teacher.
The course begins with a kick-off meeting on the 24th August 2020, 9.00 - 12.00.
Place: in class KMPG/U262 in Otakaari 1 - we will inform you soonest should it be online
The schedule of the peer group meetings will be agreed in the kick-off meeting.
The course comprises the following elements:
- Kick-off session (Monday 24.8.2020 at 9.00-12.00 in KPMG/U262 in Otakaari 1),
- Peer-group meetings (3-4 meetings),
- A) Teaching observations: observing your peers' teaching and providing oral and written feedback on their teaching,
- B) Teaching observations: observing other teaching including teaching in upper secondary school (LUKIO) or university of applied sciences (AMK),
- own teaching: practical implementation of the teaching practice,
- compiling teaching practice plan including own teaching philosophy, course design, peer feedback, and reflection of observations.
- joint, final session (Monday 14.12.2020 at 9.00-12.00)
Return your final version of the teaching practice plan in the inbox below at the latest on the 11.12.2020
Kirsti and Riikka
- Kirsti Keltikangas, teacher-in-charge, (at) aalto.fi, tel. 050 408 5288
- Riikka Evans (at) aalto.fi, tel. 050 513 3160