Welcome to the course Collaborative evaluation of interactive systems!
The course introduces several approaches and methods for collaborative evaluation of interactive systems. The topics include:
- Overview of user-centred design and participatory inquiry
- Identifying and understanding stakeholders and user groups
- Co-design and engaging users in design
- Introduction to digital research methods
- Methods for evaluating usability and user experience
- Approaching potential users remotely and inquiring about their experiences
This online course consists of two parts:
- Series of meetings including lectures, related discussions and assignments
- Evaluation assignments in groups: the methods for evaluation of usability and user experience are applied in project works conducted in cooperation with customers.
The weekly sessions on Mondays (12:15-14) and Tuesdays (14:15-16) will be held using Zoom (https://aalto.zoom.us/j/68654029071). Participation to all meetings and lectures is strongly advised.
After the course You are able to design and carry out an evaluation of interactive systems in different contexts. You know how to communicate your results to various stakeholders in order to impact the further development of the system or service.Registration for the course via Oodi is open from Feb 15th to March 2nd 2021.
Teachers Johanna Kaipio, Nitin Sawhney and Kaisa Savolainen