General Aalto guidelines
Aalto remote work
Take out equipmenthttps://www.aalto.fi/en/workshops-aalto-school-of-arts-design-and-architecture/vare-takeout
Zoom (Webinar, Group discussions, Presentations)
Quick guide, basic Instructions for students and teachers to sign up and get started
Remote Group work
Miro (Shared Workspace for group work + video call)
Example on how to use Miro e.g. Create a journey map
Google Drive & Docs (Shared docs for group work + comments)
SlackProject communication between team members
Voice-over slideshow presentation
Pre-recorded slideshow presentation with voice-over:
- Here are the instructions on how to do the voice-over slideshow with Keynote
- And here how to do the voice-over slideshow with PowerPoint.
Tips for the video:
– Prepare a script for the narrator, time it and rehearse it
– Using subtle animations such as build ups, zooming in can help to pace the story (without being obnoxious)
– When recording the voice-over make sure there is no background noise
– Rehearse the coordination between moving slides and recording the voice-over, beware of the sound of changing slides by keyboard or mouse click.
– Speak slowly and clearly
– Choose the tone of the narrator (it is good to create excitement, modulate voice and create empathy)
– Consider having some text . e.g. titles for the scenes, actor role titles, or using subtitles,...