After the course, you
- are able to identify, define and evaluate factors that affect your teaching
- are able to recognize different theories of learning and you have become aware of how they influence teaching
- have formed your own approach to teaching and learning/ teaching philosophy and you have knowledge on how to develop your teachership and teaching
- recognize factors, which affect to the quality of teaching
- are able to understand your teaching in a wider context and envisage the expertise provided by your own field of teaching and the future prospects of the field.
- Learning theories and practice, approaches to teaching and learning
- Teaching assessment and quality as a part of teaching development/curriculum design
- Societal and ethical connections in university teaching
- Future views to one's own teaching substance/discipline
- Developing oneself as a teacher
Schedule in spring 2021 - online sessions
- Wed 20.1. at 9:00
- Thu 28.1. at 9:00
- Wed 17.2. at 9:00
- Tue 23.3. at 9:00
Course teachersTeacher-in-charge Jukka Välimäki (email@example.com), Pedagogical specialist, School of Chemical Engineering
Teacher Tiina Pylkkönen (firstname.lastname@example.org), Pedagogical specialist, School of Arts, Design and Architecture
- General news and announcements by the course facilitators. With default settings, you'll also receive these to your emailbox.
Here you can ask questions from the facilitators, wonder anything and participate with your own ideas.