PED-131.9000 Teaching assistant as a learning instructor (2 cr, autumn 2020, Group B)
The course consists of four online sessions, assignments and group meetings. The course is designed to provide you with tools and ideas to support your work as a teaching assistant. Each session (Day 1-4) will deal with one or two themes in an interactive manner.
You can earn two credit points by attending all four teaching sessions and doing all the course work.
After the course you will
- be able to observe the classroom environment from the learning perspective and identify aspects to support students' learning process
- recognise ways to support students' study motivation
- identify your role as a learning instructor
This course is organised by Schools of CHEM, ELEC, ENG & SCI and in cooperation with Aalto University Pedagogical training network.
The course teachers are Miia Forsten and Samu Tikkanen (both emails firstname.lastname@example.org).
All meetings and sessions are organized online.
Sessions are organized in Zoom and links to the Zoom sessions are below on
this page. For your group meetings, you are free to choose your platform
(e.g. Microsoft Teams or Zoom).
Our online sessions are in Zoom:
- Thursday 10.9. at 9:00-12:00
- Wednesday 23.9. at 9:00-12:00
- Tuesday 6.10. at 9:00-12:00
- Friday 30.10. at 9:00-12:00
- General news and announcements about course practicalities
- Questions about the course or ideas about teaching and learning? Here's the general forum for them.Course facilitators follow this forum, but all the course participants are able to reply and comment.
This is the forum where you can give tips and hints about good teaching sessions for observation to your peers. You can also ask help and advice, comment and wonder issues around the teaching observation.
Here is the link to Zoom session of the group B, starting at 10.