This is the link to the Aalto University e-course on its code of conduct. Completing this e-course is a mandatory requirement to pass this course. Please complete it and mark it as done in the completion progress bar on your MyCourse page when you have completed it.
After reading the text, you can mark this activity as completed by clicking the check mark in the right corner.
1. Watch the video about AllWell?: .
Please note: English subtitles can be selected from the bottom of the video window.
2. Post here at least 1 question or idea: What would you like to know about AllWell? or student wellbeing at Aalto, or what do you think is especially important in relation to student wellbeing at Aalto? You'll see others' questions after posting at least one.If you are interested, more information about student well-being at aalto.fi: Curriculum design, course planning and student well-being: three things to take into accountThis activity is automatically marked as completed after posting at least one post.
If you could not attend the session or face technical difficulties during the day, please read the slides for day 3.
Please do this this assignment, if you were present less than half of the session.
Please read also carefully the slides by study psychologist Paula Sjöblom.
The materials contain four fictional student profiles describing how they act. Pick a student profile of your choice and think about the following questions:
- Why does the student act as he or she does?
- What are the the consequences for their learning?
- How might this student behave in class? What does this look like in the eyes of the teaching assistant and to the other students?
- What can the teaching assistant do to help this student?
Write about one (1) A4 page of text describing your thoughts and reflections.