Specialist/speaker in the last session
Sara Rönkkönen, AllWell-iniatiative at Aalto
See also extra material:
Counter feedback - Teaching recommendations for scales measured in AllWell?: https://aaltofi-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/sara_ronkkonen_aalto_fi/EVG5upZ8cvFApN2ehGVRcDgB2g6a2nvmsAoWP2yKjD5dqg?e=XvqGrC
Coronavirus outbreak and study wellbeing - AllWell recommendations: https://aaltofi-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/sara_ronkkonen_aalto_fi/EVcoVTFlDvtKqEsyVnxmryABT8Y3jFll7GwnvbwSM0PFOA?e=F0B1Kh
We would ask you to give feedback on the whole course by replying to this link soonest after the course:
Thank you for your responses!
The acivities employed in this course:
- Guest lectures
- Student discussions/reflection in pairs or groups
- Teacher-teacher discussions
- Student-teacher discussions
- Group work
- Gallery walk
- Making posters (virtual)
- Learning café
- Group meetings
- Other activities
- Ways to form groups
- Change of rhythm of activities
- Self-introduction as a pre-assignment on My Courses discussion forum
- Warm-up activity (Cocktail party) to break ice in the first session
- (on paper)
- via presemo
- via MyCourses (Moodle)
- oral (as part of lecture)
- learning cafe
- Online tools we used in collaborative work:
- Google Docs
Read and study the materials for session 4 -> both general slides and Sara Rönkkönen's part.
Both slide sets touch upon motivation as well. Reflect on the content of the slides and think at least about the following:
- how can you as a teaching assistant (in your course) support students' study well-being?
- How could you support students' study motivation - you can include practical examples
- How can you support your own motivation to work as a teaching assistant?
- You can also write how you would like to develop as a TA
Write about a one page to a page-and-a-half of text for this assignment.
DL Mon 9.11.