The course aims to address the following questions:
- What is the current supervision process in your department / school?
- What information should be included in a MSc thesis and where?
- What are the steps and milestones in the thesis writing process?
- What resources are available for supervisors to aid the process?
- How to supervise topics from industry?
- How to avoid crises and procrastination in the thesis process?
The course will be completed either with 3 or 5 credits depending on your own schedule and interests.
CS 1 Thursday 21.1.2021 at 9.00-12.00
CS 2 Wednesday 17.2.2021 at 9.00-12.00
CS 3 Wednesday 10.3.2021 at 9.00-12.00
CS 4 Thursday 25.3.2021 at 9.00-12.00
CS 5 Wednesday 14.4.2021 at 9.00-12.00
CS 6 Thursday 6.5.2021 at 9.00-12.00
Themes for the sessions
CS 1 Current state of affairs [in supervision]
CS 2 Evaluating master's thesis
CS 3 Supervision process and milestones
CS 4 Feedback - Giving and taking
CS 5 Supervising topics from industry/stakeholders
CS 6 Resources & tools available for supervisors
Kirsti Keltikangas, pedagogical specialist, Aalto ELEC / Teacher in charge
Ken Pennington, Lecturer of English, Language Centre
Jan-Mikael Rybicki, Lecturer of English, Language Centre
Maria Törnroos, Psychologist for doctoral students, Aalto Learning services
online sessions in Zoom